CMX System Overview
Colormix Processing System
The ProSys CMX System is a “Just in Time” manufacturing process. The CMX system allows manufacturing to produce a Base Product in large volume and then process smaller batches of final products by blending in up to 12 different additives to the base product.
Synchronized Dosing of a BASE product and Additive(s)
- Dosing Technology= Volumetric Metering- Cylinder Diameter & Piston Stroke deliver high accuracy and repeatable results = +/- ¼ %.
- Products are blended via simple Static Mixers.
- Flowmeter Confirmation: PD & Mass Flowmeters are available options to confirm actual dose volume to control system.
BASE PRODUCTS: viscosities to 3 million centipoise, including Creams, Lotions, Pastes, Liquids & Abrasive Slurries.
- Dentifrice Pastes
- Sealants & Caulks
ADDITIVES: Ratios from 1:1 to 1000:1= 0.1% to 50%
- Pigmenting; addition of a color dispersion or dye. The CMX system can blend pigment into the base material to create a range of shades or unique colors, offering short custom color production runs and simplified changeover.
- Catalyst – The CMX system can blend a catalyst into the base material to finalize a formulation. Extends pot life for base product and also allows catalyzing reaction to build viscosity after packaging.
- Flavoring – blend a flavor into the base material to customize a formulation. On the fly % variability of flavor and fast product changeover.
- Slurries or Suspensions – CMX system can blend a viscose additive into the base material. Particulate size to 0.04” or 1 mm diameter.